Dr. Suveshnee Munien
Been exposed to various aspects of both human and physical geography throughout my academic career, my research interests are influenced by the study of people and their interactions, impacts and uses of the natural environment. This motivated my appreciation for the various methodologies with which we try to understand this complex relationship. I enjoy using spatial tools such as GIS and remote sensing, and participatory methodological approaches to unpack these linkages.
- Energy poverty and household energy behaviors with the developing and poor contexts
- Community-based conversation practices
- Rural and peri-urban development
- The use of participatory GIS tools in physical and human geography research
- Environmental behaviours, awareness and attitudes
- Socio-economic impacts of renewable energy sources and technologies